See What EDM Artist made it onto Rolling Stone's 50 Best Albums of 2015
As 2015 comes to a close, music critics are releasing their lists of the best moments, artists and albums of the year. Yesterday, SPIN dropped their list of the Best Songs of 2015, which included tracks from Jamie xx, Major Lazer and Calvin Harris. Spotify released last night the name of their Top Artist of 2015 - Drake. And today, we have Rolling Stone's list of the 50 Best Albums of 2015.
The Rolling Stone list of this year's top albums includes all the artists you would expect - Adele, Drake, Future, The Weeknd and Kendrick Lamar, who landed at number one with his critically acclaimed To Pimp a Butterfly. But there was only one EDM album that made the cut: Skrillex and Diplo Present Jack Ü.
The debut Jack Ü album came in at number 16 on the list. The album's significance was cited as a remarkable feat because "...instead of bringing a little EDM flavor to pop, they made some of pop's biggest stars hop over the fence to their mind-bending EDM fiesta."
Check out the top 20 to see what albums came in before and after, and then head over to Rolling Stone to see the full list.
1. Kendrick Lamar, To Pimp a Butterfly
2. Adele, 25
3. Drake, If You're Reading This It's Too Late
4. D'Angelo and the Vanguard, Black Messiah'
5. The Weeknd, Beauty Behind the Madness
6. Courtney Barnett, Sometimes I Sit and Think, and Sometimes I Just Sit
7. Jason Isbell, Something More Than Free
8. Various Artists, Hamilton: Original Broadway Soundtrack
9. The Arcs, Yours, Dreamily
10. Blur, The Magic Whip
11. Sleater-Kinney, No Cities to Love
12. Lana Del Rey, Honeymoon
13. Tame Impala, Currents
14. Wilco, Star Wars
15. Father John Misty, 'I Love You, Honeybear'
16. Jack Ü, Skrillex and Diplo Present Jack Ü
17. Keith Richards, Crosseyed Heart
18. Boz Scaggs, A Fool to Care
19. Kurt Vile, B'lieve I'm Goin Down...
20. Don Henley, Cass County
I'm a storyteller at heart, and music makes my world go round.