Knife Party's Rob Swire Experiences Temporary Hearing Loss Due To E-Cigs
Knife Party's Rob Swire tweeted earlier today that he had suddenly become "completely deaf" in his left ear! Fortunately, he just tweeted moments ago that his hearing has been restored. While its easy to assume that his hearing loss was due to prolonged exposure to loud noise/music, the real reason is much more unexpected.
Swire attributed his frightening bout of temporary hearing loss to one thing in particular: electronic cigarettes, or e-cigs.
Swire claims that his temporary hearing loss was due to his use of e-cigs, and the fact that e-cigs contain propylene glycol. Propylene glycol is one of the main ingredients found in the "juice" used in most e-cigs, and is ototoxic - meaning that it is toxic to the cochlea or auditory nerve.
Moral of the story? Take care of your ears!