Boys Noize, Moby & Massive Attack Team Up To Work With A Legend
Jean-Michel Jarre, one of the most influential figures in the history of electronic music, has announced his latest project. Titled Electronica Part 1: The Time Machine, the 16-track album will serve as the first in a two part series, featuring thirty high profile collaborations. The first volume will see the legendary musician working with Boys Noize, M83, Moby, Armin van Buuren and Massive Attack.
In a quote, Jarre explains his vision for the album and why he chose to work with so many collaborators.
"I've wanted to tell a story for a while regarding electronic music history and its legacy from my point of view and experience, from when I started to nowadays. So I planned to compose for and collaborate with an array of artists who are, directly or indirectly linked to this scene, with people I admire for their singular contribution to our genre, that represent a source of inspiration for me over the last four decades I have been making music, but who also have an instantly recognisable sound. At the outset, I had no idea how this project would evolve, but I was delighted that everybody I reached out to accepted my invitation."
Electronica Part 1: The Time Machine will be released October 16, with volume 2 being released the following year.
Check out the trailer for the album below...
1) The Time Machine (JMJ & Boys Noize)
2) Glory (JMJ & M83)
3) Close your eyes (JMJ & AIR)
4) Automatic (part 1) (JMJ & Vince Clarke)
5) Automatic (part 2) (JMJ & Vince Clarke)
6) If..! (JMJ & Little Boots)
7) Immortals (JMJ & Fuck Buttons)
8) Suns have gone (JMJ & Moby)
9) Conquistador (JMJ & Gesaffelstein)
10) Travelator (part 2) (JMJ & Pete Townshend)
11) Zero Gravity (JMJ & Tangerine Dream)
12) Rely on me (JMJ & Laurie Anderson)
13) Stardust (JMJ & Armin van Buuren)
14) Watching you (JMJ & 3D (Massive Attack))
15) A question of blood (JMJ & John Carpenter)
16) The train & the river (JMJ & Lang Lang)