It’s not every day that you get to talk to Bassnectar’s booking agent. We sat down with Jake Schneider, an employee-gone-executive at the artist management and booking agency, Madison House. In an industry where some people seem to be a single-sided sheet of paper, Jake is a multifaceted gem of knowledge and intrigue. We go all over the place in this interview, and cover areas like:
- Why “sleep when I’m dead” is a lie
- The book Jake recommends to top-tier artist clients
- Successful (and unsuccessful) artist self-management habits
- What dance music can learn from it’s rock-and-roll forerunners
- Why non-work activities are important for self-health (plus Jake’s hobbies and collections)
- And so much more.
Enjoy the chat with Jake Schneider.