A niche New York festival, Elements Music & Art Festival celebrated its fifth-anniversary last weekend.
With superb sets, immersive art, and a charismatic crowd, it was one for the books. There was a lot to love about the independently organized festival, but 7 elements really stood out.
1. An eclectic lineup featuring acts like Bassnectar, Snakehips, Emancipator, Jade Cicada, SNBRN and Justin Jay. A solid mix of earth-shaking bass, infectious house, and chill-out sounds.
2. Getting old school rave vibes dancing in an abandoned warehouse. Plus that gorgeous canopy.
3. Dancing by the waterfront on a cloudy summer evening
Musical Story, Yes: STS9 Takes Colorado to "Sky World" At First Shows Back
After over a year without playing a live show, STS9 returned to the stage to deliver seven spectacular sets to their fans in Colorado over the weekend.
Thailand's Hospitals Are On the "Brink of Collapse" After COVID-19 Spreads Through Nightclubs
According to a report by The Independent, Thailand's third wave of the virus emanated from a spread in the country's nightlife in April.
This Artist Recorded Audio From His Own Firing—Then Remixed It Into a Banger
"I really feel like this remix is the epitome of life giving you lemons and you turning it into lemonade."
4. Listening to house music from the Dirtybird Players surrounded by silos. Gritty, industrial, groovy.
5. Awesome, interactive art from emerging NYC artists
6. Relaxing at the wellness tent. Offering calming activities like yoga, meditation, and sound baths, it was the perfect place to get away and unwind.