Celebrating its 35th anniversary, Winter Music Conference (WMC) is officially the longest-running conference of its kind. Last week it rolled out its first round of stellar programming, including a host of global media partners, premier event promoters, as well as a slew of other exciting and educational opportunities for all manner of fans and industry professionals. As a marquis industry event for more than three decades, WMC has continuously evolved with the ever-changing music landscape. To this day it is recognized as the premier conference on music, technology, education and culture.
-- Register and purchase badges for WMC 2020 --
As always, WMC is taking a highly progressive approach in booking major industry talent, including influential tastemakers and keynote speakers such as YouTube's Global Head of Music Lyor Cohen, Ultra Music Founder Patrick Moxey, and Grammy-nominated duo Sofi Tukker.
A new key component of the WMC Experience is the Miami Music Week Oasis social hub, which will be hosted at Generator Miami just one block south of the main WMC headquarters. The Oasis, a prime gathering place for WMC attendees, will host five days of private poolside parties, cocktail hours, yoga sessions, workshops, and industry networking events. Full details and programming will be announced in early 2020.
As part of WMC’s initiative to provide easy access for college graduates, new artists and all manner of incoming music industry professionals, the newly-launched WMC 'mentor sessions' has enlisted the industry’s brightest minds for networking and thought-provoking discussions. Some of these events are hosted by major artists like Josh Wink and Sydney Blu, as well as pioneering music professionals like Pandora’s Andrew Marcogliese, Beatport’s Jonas Tempel, Little Empire’s Stephanie LaFera, Falcon PR’s Alexandra Greenberg, and more.
Recognizing that rising talent is a major demographic of WMC attendees, the conference will also be debuting the new branded series called Signed On The Spot, a fireside chat-format gathering that invites aspiring artists to submit original music for a chance to be discovered and signed by some of the leading electronic music labels. The series will focus on four diverse genres including bass music, techno, house, and dance. Submissions for Signed On The Spot will open shortly and will be announced on WMC’s website and socials.
WMC 2020 Programming:
Keynote - The Art of Youtube: How Ultra Music Built A Monster Chanel
- Lyor Cohen, YouTube's Global Head of Music
- Patrick Moxey, President & Founder of Ultra Records, Ultra Music, and Ultra International Music Publishing
- Sofi Tukker, GRAMMY-nominated dance music duo
Mainstage, Fireside Chat, and Industry Panels:
- 21 Years of Defected Records: How to Build a Brand That Lasts
- Talent First: Navigating the Talent Buying Field
- Rise of the Underground: How Detroit Shaped the Global Techno Market
- Beyond Instagram: TikTok, Triller, Lasso and the future of music social media
- Up All Night: The Future of Nightlife Marketing
- How America's Secondary Markets Are Creating World-Class Festivals
- Global Dancefloor: How Dance Music Is Crossing Borders and Genres
- Music Modernization Act of 2018: What You Need to Know to Get Paid Under the New Law
- How to Build Multiple Revenue Streams as an Artist
- SoStereo Presents: Brands, Music, and the Content Explosion
Skrillex Sells Malibu Beach Mansion for $17.5 Million: Photos
Take a look inside the hitmaker's former home, which offers breathtaking views of the Pacific Ocean.
WAVEZOO Launches to Make Live Virtual DJ Performances More Accessible
The WAVEZOO platform aims to democratize the oftentimes difficult process to source and book international DJs.
The Chainsmokers, Disclosure, More Back Audius In $5 Million Funding Round
The creator economy is throwing their weight behind music's decentralized future.
Additional Key Opportunities:
- Beatport, Data Transmission, Decoded Magazine, DJ Mag & DJ Mag North America, DJ Mag Asia, DJ Mag Brasil, DJ Mag France, DJ Mag Latinoamérica, DJ Mag México, DJ Times, Earmilk, EDM.com, Fusicology, Ibiza Sonica, Magnetic Magazine and more TBA.
- IO Music Academy, School of Audio Engineering (SAE), The DJ Coach, Scratch DJ Academy, University of Miami Frost School of Music, University of Utah David Eccles School of Business (Entrepreneurship Program)
- WMC will offer Plus and Pro-level badge holders access to some of the best MMW parties on the beach, downtown and Wynwood. WMC will once again work with some of the top promoters in Miami, including Epic Pool Parties, 747 Presents, Denial Events and Seven Lines.
- Awesome Soundwave, Beatport, Beatsource, Defected Records, Discogs, Dirtybird Records, Nervous Records, Next Music, Revealed Recordings, Traxsource, Ultra Music
Bill Kelly, WMC Co-Founder:
“Winter Music Conference’s quintessential existence is based upon one principle: the future. The 35th anniversary in 2020 is not only a celebration of history but also the ushering in of a new generation.”
Danny Tenaglia, DJ/Producer:
“Having only missed the very first year of WMC in 1985, it was 1986-1990 that initially placed me on the map globally due to the international attendance of the entire dance music community - many delegates had recognized me for being a consistent DJ annually at WMC. This conference enabled me to bring many top industry people together all under one roof.”
Jonas Tempel, Beatport Co-Founder:
“The Winter Music Conference represents a chance for Beatport to connect directly with our customer community. Having a strong conference means we have a platform to embrace the entire spectrum of electronic music culture. We are proud to support the resurgence of this great event.”
- All WMC 2020 badges can be purchased at wintermusicconference.com/register
- Apply for WMC 2020 media credentials at wintermusicconference.com/press-application
*Applications close Friday, February 28th, 2020.