If you swallow your AirPod, you're going to have a crappy time.
That's one takeaway Carli Bellmer likely gleaned from her experience after she accidentally ingested an AirPod she had mistaken for Ibuprofen. We've heard of the healing power of music before, but we're pretty sure this isn't the remedy researchers had in mind.
To be fair, Bellmer was holding a sizable 800 MG pill of Ibuprofen along with her left AirPod. However, according to her journey, which she's documented in detail on TikTok, she became aware of the mistake almost immediately.
In this case, an Apple didn't quite keep the doctor away. After Bellmer reportedly sought immediate medical advice, within a couple of days she was in better spirits having confirmed via X-ray that she had safely—ahem— expelled the device from her system.
One Dead, Dozens Injured After Stage Collapses at Spanish EDM Festival
Sources say Medusa experienced "strong gusts of wind" that led to the death of a 22-year-old man after part of the festival's main stage collapsed.
Look Inside SOMA Tent, the Best Dancefloor at Outside Lands 2022
In a "festival full of festivals," the vibes at the SOMA Tent were as irresistible as they were untamed.
Hardwell Opens Up About His Soul-Stirring Road to Reinvention: "It Feels Way More Like Freedom"
A candid interview with Hardwell, who is creating, performing and living on his own terms after over a decade in electronic dance music.
Unfortunately, the AirPod finally met its Waterloo with the flush of the porcelain throne. "I did not retrieve it," Bellmer said.
Naturally, Bellmer's story was met with a mix of shock and skepticism from the three million-plus viewers who stumbled upon her harrowing tale. Bellmer effectively quashed the skepticism by posting a humorous voice memo recorded straight from her digestive tract, which she had sent to a friend.