Coming off a stacked year in 2016, Dim Mak kicked off 2017 in full throttle. And well, from the looks of it, their stepping into 2018 just as pumped up and ready to go!
Looking back at the year gone by, the Steve Aoki lead label started off 2017 in style, literally too, with their New York Fashion Week debut of the Dim Mak Collection fashion label. Continuing down the months, the label very much made its presence felt at Miami Music Week with a label night at Wynwood’s RC Cola Plant for Dim Mak’s largest Miami Music Week event to date.
Amongst a heap of other releases, the main man himself released his star-studded hip-hop album Kolony, featuring collaborations with Lil Uzi Vert, Migos, and many more.
There was no doubt that the label saw a number of highlight performances and releases from some of their mainstays like Keys N Krates, Prince Fox and KRANE in the year. Perfectly summing up these highlights is the “Greatest Hits 2017” with its diverse and power packed 23 tracks from the label signees.
With an enviable tracklist spanning from hard-hitting trap and melodic future bass to tech-driven bass house bangers (and everything in between), the package features music by Dim Mak favorites Keys N Krates, Prince Fox feat. Bella Thorne, Laidback Luke, Rain Man feat. MAX, Henry Fong and many more.
To coincide with this epic release, boss man Aoki lead a Dim Mak takeover of Annie Nightingale Presents on January 10th, which aired from 1-3AM GMT on BBC Radio 1 & BBC 1Xtra. Teaming up with fellow label regulars Prince Fox, Max Styler and QUIX for guest mixes, the show will be available for all to hear for 30 days eve after the broadcast right here.
Dim Mak Greatest Hits 2017: Originals Tracklist
1. Prince Fox “Just Call (feat. Bella Thorne)”
2. Sam F “Limitless (feat. Sophie Rose)”
3. Keys N Krates & KRANE “Right Here”
4. QUIX “Riot Call (feat. Nevve)”
5. BROHUG “Droppers”
6. Borgeous & MORTEN “Hold Up”
7. MAKJ & Max Styler “Knock Me Down (feat. Elayna Boynton)”
Man Sentenced After Admitting to 13 Counts of Voyeurism at U.K. Music Festival
Christopher Bicourt, 44, reportedly privately filmed numerous attendees at Warm Up Festival for his own gratification.
Haywyre Drops Remix of Ending Theme From Anime Series "86": Listen
The Grammy nominee's remix of SawanoHiroyuki[nZk]:mizuki's original was released on Sony Music's Sakura Chill Beats.
8. Laidback Luke & Made In June “Paradise (feat. Bright Lights)”
9. Garmiani “Shine Good (feat. Julimar Santos)”
10. Rain Man & MAX “Do You Still Feel?”
11. KRANE “Nobody But You”
12. Boehm “Outside of the Lines (feat. Laurell)”
13. Viceroy “Improvise (feat.Tom Aspaul)”
14. Not Your Dope “Indestructible (feat. MAX)”
15. Dirtyphonics “Boombox”
16. Riot Ten “Rail Breaker (feat. Rico Act)”
17. Paris Blohm “When The Lights Go Out (feat. LINNEY)”
18. Marnik & Miami Blue “Matador (feat. Marano)”
19. Matroda “BO$$”
20. Henry Fong “Young Hearts (feat. Nyla & Stylo G)”
21. Noise Cans “Standing (feat. ASTR)”
22. Stooki Sound “Burbs (feat. Bok Nero)”
23. Max Styler “Secrets (feat. CXLOE)”