The family of Katie Dix, a teen who died after an apparent drug overdose at the 2015 edition of the HARD Summer music festival, has requested to dismiss a lawsuit filed against Live Nation.
Dix, who was 19 at the time of her death, had consumed a fatal combination of MDMA and Ethylone, a drug more commonly known as bath salts. According to Bloomberg Law, witnesses said that the festival's security team failed to offer any aid until medical professionals arrived, which took around 20 minutes.
Dix's parents, Mark and Pamela Dix, went on to file a wrongful death lawsuit against Live Nation on the grounds that the promoter demonstrated negligence and breached their duties to protect her from the distribution and ingestion of illegal drugs.
KDrew Revives Halsey's "Graveyard" With Haunting Future Bass Remix: Listen
KDrew has brought "Graveyard" back from the dead to produce a soaring rework.
Hannah Wants Performed With a Broken Leg After a Scooter Accident in Ibiza
Not even a broken leg could keep Hannah Wants from taking the stage at her first festival performance since the onset of the pandemic.
RL Grime and Baauer Announce Collaborative Alias and New Music: Details
A new website developed for the project features a scannable QR code with a custom Instagram AI filter.
According to Pitchfork, who spoke with "several California law school professors," the move by Dix's family to dismiss the suit most likely points to a confidential settlement, the terms of which are not publicly available.
"After looking at the documents, I’m confident that the case settled,” Andrew Bradt, a law professor at the University of California, Berkeley, told Pitchfork. “And we may learn nothing more if the settlement included [a non-disclosure agreement]."
In addition to Dix, an 18-year-old woman named Tracy Nguyen also died of a drug overdose after attending HARD Summer, which took place on August 1st, 2015 at the Fairplex in Pomona. The Los Angeles County Department of Medical Examiner-Coroner determined Nguyen's death to be a result of an ecstasy overdose.